Kappy’s began life in 1932 roasting, wholesaling and retailing coffee in the back streets around the Adelaide market. For many years the coffee was sold from the Stephen’s Place Café until that venue closed with the development of the Myer Centre in 1988.
The business was taken on by new owners and with one of those entrepreneurs coming from an English family that had grown and exported teas from Ceylon since the 1860’s, plantation teas were added to the range of exceptional coffee blends being produced at Kappy’s. Their café on Flinders Street, full of sub-continental ambience, grew in both custom and reputation.
Today Kappy’s has returned to its origins, once again located in the vicinity of the Central Market, calling Compton Street home. The traditions are continued in every sense with the original roasting method and coffee blends still in existence complemented by those handed down tea blend recipes. We provide high quality Arabica coffee, over 150 tea blends and a large variety of herbs, available in bulk wholesale or retail. Our products are available to taste at our premises or can be ordered online.
You can find us at 1/22 Compton Street, a stone’s throw from Gouger Street and the Central Market. The Kappy’s circle spanning over 80 years of history and tradition is complete.